Monday 12 February 2018

A thank you letter to my fiancé

Pregnancy letter to fiance-kelleyjaylouise blogspot

During this pregnancy I really don't think I would cope without Ben by my side, supporting me no matter what. This post is a memory for you and I to look back on, to show you how much I appreciate everything you have helped me with.


Thank you for saying YES we can do this
When I initially found out I was pregnant I was terrified of becoming a mum and didn't think I could be a parent. You were the one who spoke to me over those first few days and made me realise, YES we CAN do this! YES we WILL be good parents to our child. And I thank you so much for those conversations as if not I wouldn't now be looking forward to meeting our little boy, excited to see him in December.

Thank you for dealing with my morning sickness
Holding my hair back, hearing me puke at all times of the day/night, seeing me crumble in tears wishing the sickness away. You were there no matter what, even when you had to jump out of bed at 1am to get me a bottle of water, bring me paracetomal or a cold wet flannel. No matter what you was there.

Thank you for wiping my tears
Whether I  was crying in pain, during sickness or having an anxiety attack, you were always patient with me, holding me telling me not to worry and that everything will be okay. Putting up with my hormones especially must be hard as one moment I'm fine, the next I am a mess because of anything, but your always there.

Thank you for bonding with baby
No matter how many times I bugged you saying "quick, baby is kicking, put your hand there" for only you to not feel any kicks for a few weeks, you still did it. I remember the first time you felt him kick and saw him push at my belly and that smile I will never forget. Thank you for being a super cool daddy to our little boy, even though we haven't seen him yet.

Thank you for putting US first
You have always made me feel like a priority, "your girl" no matter what. Cosy nights in and fun days out, you always make sure I am okay and that we are having a good time. Even after a mini argument we cuddle and remember that we are the foundations of the family we are starting to build.

Thank you for your support
Coming to antenatal appointments, been there at the scans and getting to the hospital quicker than l could ever imagine. Holding my hand when we had our first scan as I panicked so much. Thank you for spending 4 hours at the hospital after I had a severe anxiety attack and helping me get the help I need.


Thank you for been the fiancé to me when I am having a bad day. Thank you for been daddy to your son. Thank you for been the counsellor when I need to talk to someone. Thank you for been the nurse when I am in pain at stupid o'clock or puking up. Thank you for just been you. I am so happy our son will be made up of half of me and half of you, as I know he will be a great man when he is older, just like YOU!


Lots of love,
Kelley xx (and bump )

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig